Long-lasting, quality partnerships between our supporting partner organisations from across the globe are key to the success of the ICMIF 5-5-5 Mutual Microinsurance Strategy.
Through the provision of either Technical and/or Financial Assistance by ICMIF members and other like-minded organisations, the 5-5-5 is a unique opportunity for cooperative and mutual insurers to work together to ensure that the country interventions planned can be implemented and therefore impact the lives of millions of low-income individuals.
Five reasons to support the 5-5-5:
- Help create a meaningful, long-term impact, in line with your existing business practice: It is in the DNA of the mutual model to address the needs of underserved communities.
- Reinforce mutual values to your employees and customers: Your organisation’s contribution to changing the world has the potential to increase both employee and stakeholder engagement.
- Provide high potential employees with a challenging and meaningful assignment: Offering international secondment opportunities is a compelling motivator for talent to join and/or stay at your organisation.
- Draw lessons from the innovations and experiences of emerging markets: You’ll have the opportunity for close-up interaction with new technologies and markets.
- Develop long-term partnerships with cooperative and mutual insurers in emerging markets: Making a commitment to the 5-5-5 will give your organisation the opportunity to help shape the mutual/cooperative insurance markets of the future.
How to support the 5-5-5
- Financial Assistance: In the form of a grant, with the opportunity to provide year-on-year support.
- Technical Assistance: Members of your staff can complete assignments in one of the project countries (for a given duration that suits your employee and your organisation) and assist with initiatives such as board and staff training, operating systems development, marketing, product development and impact assessment (find out more about previous Technical Assistance assignments for the 5-5-5 carried out by employees of ICMIF member companies).
Contact us to find out more.